Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Watch Research

Alright, I have been looking into the watch idea. I have more or less been convinced that it is a good idea but I still have a couple reservations, mainly the cost of the components. That aside I have found several youtube videos that show, but not really help with the construction of these types of things. I recently found this blog http://timewitharduino.blogspot.com/2010/06/introducing-arduino-analog-watch.html that does alot of time stuff with arduino microcontrollers. It will hopefully be informative. I have also considered doing a few other things in the same theme but perhaps less expensive. I am formulating ideas about "steampunk" time devices, if I decide on something I'll let you know.

3 comments:

  1. This sounds like a cool project. Researching steampunk culture will most likely give some good inspiration. I was wondering if you had any particular message you wanted this reformulated watch sculpture to convey. Are you particularly fond of steampunk things?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What do some of the less expensive ideas look like?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not particularly found of steampunk, I am aware of it, I think its neat and kinda cool looking but I have never specifically gotten into the subculture before. I do however know some people who are into it and they might give me some insight on the aesthetic.

    As far as less expensive ideas that would involve heavier larger devices than a pocket watch. Something that would be more like a wall clock than a pocket watch, not as cool in my opinion, but certainly cheaper.

    ReplyDelete